Matthew 19:6 "So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
4 main areas of intimacy in a marriage relationship -- all shared and based on communication!
Good verbal communication that promotes intimacy:
4. Keep out the guess work -- verbally communicate!!!
5. Don’t depend on body language to communicate your feelings or thoughts!
Only you know what is inside you
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
Don’t suffer in silence!
Matthew 18:15 "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
Levels of verbal communication:
1. Surface Level - Small talk
2. Sharing only the facts, information, explanations
3. Opinion level
4. Most intimate - sharing freely ones thoughts and feelings without any barriers!
Keys points to having a more intimate verbal communication:
Ways in which a spouse can communicate love:
2. Give Gifts.
3. Acts of service.
4. Quality time.
5. Physical touch.
Topics: Marriage & Family